They depend on the reversible colour change of pigment materials encapsulated in a translucent foil / carrier material. The CelsiReverso® are not LC (liquid crystal) based indicators.
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
The basic function of the ThermoDot®s and Thermoband®s depend on the reversible colour change of pigment materials encapsulated in a neutral and translucent carrier material. This is not a chemical reaction to translate the temperature level(s) into visible form. There are temperature indicators on the market whose indications are based on chemical reactions of the indicating materials used. Such chemical reactions depend obviously on both the temperature AND the exposure time.
PRECAUTIONS / APPLICATION
- Remove water, oil, rust, or dust from where the temperature is to be measured. If applied to stained or uneven surface, the tape might come off or present due to imperfect base contact an irregular colour change pattern.
- Peel backing paper off the tape, affix tape to surface to be measured and gently press tape with fingers or cloth to surface to establish an intimitate thermal contact.
- Apply tape to a flat surface. On curved or pointed surface the tape will due to imperfect thermal contact show irregular patterns.
- Measuring temperatures under high pressure, high vacuum, electromagnetic induction or microwave heating may cause irregular patterns and false readings. Induction or microwave heating might heat up the tape itself.
- Store the tapes at a cool and dark place where the temperatures will not rise to 40°C.
- The 40, 45 and 50°C yellow "cold" colours will change in seconds to an orange "hot" colour.
- The 55, 60, 65 and 70°© red "cold" colours will change in seconds to a dark, black "hot" colour.
- The "hot -> cold" temperature hysteresis is about 15°C and the change time back to cold temperatur colour might take minutes. A 70°C CelsiReverso® may stay in its hot (black) colour at 60°C for hours and only slowly creep back when temperature is lowered to roughly around 55°C.
On the Strip carries the ratings ratings of 50°C, 55°C, 60°C, 65°C and 70°C. Twenty RTS Strips each 7 mm wide x 43 mm length peelable from a release paper (150x45 mm).
Available with the ratings of 40°C, 45°C, 50°C, 55°C, 60°C, 65°C and 70°C. Six ThermoDot®s each ø 13 mm per release paper sheet (140x23 mm).